Letter of application

 
New Listening Tasks available!
Insert the following words into the gaps.
alive, ascend, even, find, gladness, hard, move, peace, place, then

I only want to tell you
Now it's 1. _____ but see you soon
Till 2. _____ I've things to do
There's a 3. _____ where we will meet
Where there's love, 4. _____ and 5. _____
We'll be there just you and me

Do it now!


  LETTER OF APPLICATION

OPENING PHRASE
- Dear Sir or Madam/Dear Ms/Mr Shearer,

INTRODUCTION
- I am writing in response to/in reply/with regard to...
- I found the (advertised) post/position/job offer extremely interesting because...
The advertised post/position/job fits my expectations of a perfect job/career for a young person/student.

EXPLAINING WHY YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE JOB
- I would like to apply for this job because...
- My reason for applying for this job is that... (I am very hard-working/I like working with children)
- I have always been interested in.../enthusiastic about...

DESCRIBING YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- As for my experience/As far as my qualifications are concerned,...
- My professional experience includes...
- I worked for...as...

MAKING FINAL REMARKS
- I would be happy to come to/attend an interview at your earliest convenience/at any time that is convenient to you.
- I enclose my CV/references from my previous employers
- I look forward to hearing from you.

CLOSING PHRASES
- if letter begins Dear Sir or Madam: Yours faithfully.
- if letter begins Dear Ms/Mr Smith: Yours sincerely.